Dr. Vivien Brown
Dr. Vivien Brown is a family physician in Toronto, and a passionate advocate for women’s health. She speaks across Canada and in the U.S. on reducing cancer risks and cancer prevention, adult immunization and vaccine-preventable diseases, stress in the workplace and stress management, health promotion and healthy aging, osteoporosis prevention, menopause, and women’s health. Dr. Brown is the North American vice-president for the Medical Women’s International Association and a former president of the Federation of Medical Women of Canada and the consumer education committee for the North American Menopause Society. She’s a board member of the Women’s Brain Health Initiative and has served on numerous provincial and federal advisory bodies, including Immunize Canada.
Dr. Brown has received many medical awards that reflect her vast experience, including:
- 2011: Physician of the Year by KMH, an international diagnostic facility
- 2012: Physician of the Year (Toronto Region) Ontario College of Family Physicians.
- Recipient of the prestigious Enid Johnson MacLeod Award from the Federation of Medical Women of Canada for teaching in women’s health.
- Recipient University of Toronto, Excellence in Professional Community Development
- 2018: The NAMS Media Award for Promotion of Women’s Health
- 2018: The Catalyst Award from WBHI-Women's Brain Health Initiative
- 2018: The May Cohen Award from the Federation of Medical Women of Canada for mentorship & leadership in Women’s Health