Some of the questions you have to ask yourself at the very beginning of a project may resemble a strategy workshop in a business. Here are the key ones:
- Who is your audience?
- What will they find appealing about your book?
- What do you want to say to that audience?
- What argument are you making?
If you’re writing a how-to book, here are a few more questions to ask yourself:
- What do you want your readers to get out of this book? What is the purpose?
- Why should your audience care? What difference will it make to them?
- In what way will they be better off if they read your book?
- Why are you in the unique or best position to tell this story or make this argument?
- Why now?